In the name of Allah – Most Merciful Most Compassionate
CLOSING STATEMENT OF THE SPECIAL MEETING AGAINST NON MUSLIM INTERFERENCE TO HALAL ISSUES
HELD IN ISTANBUL ON THE 13th &14th JUNE 2015
* Halal is a divine obligation based on Qur’an and Prophetic teachings.
* The distinctive identity and characteristics of a Muslim outlined in Prophetic tradition is adherence to the precepts of Halal
* The interpretation, standardization, regulation, governance and application of Halal is regarded as an act of worship.
* All acts of worship are predicated on faith and belief
* Freedom of thought, conscience and freedom of religion are moral norms granted by human rights principles.
* Standardization Authorities of some countries and Unions have embarked on developing standards for Halal without regard to the Islamic Religious Sanctity of the entire Halal certification processes.
* They have established technical committees for the development of the said standard in total disregard to the religious concerns being safeguarded by Recognized Halal certification and accreditation authorities worldwide.
We, as concerned Muslims representing Halal Certification Bodies, Muslim Consumers and Religious Non-Governmental Organizations,
* The religious affairs of a faith group vests exclusively with the adherents of that particular faith community
* The crafting of Halal standards requires inter alia the skills of qualified Muslim theologians who possess in-depth knowledge of Islamic Law, which is based on Qur’an, Sunnah, Ijma and Qiyas
* Halal (Lawful) and Haram (Unlawful) are Islamic precepts that govern the entire life of a Muslim and are accordingly regulated by a deeply spiritual commitment
* The verification and administration of Halal cannot be isolated from the notion of worship and therefore should not be reduced to a matter of mere technical compliance.
* Halal Certification by non-Muslim entities is deemed null and void in terms of Islamic Law
* Intervention by organs of a Secular or Non-Muslim State in the religious affairs of the Muslim community is an infringement of its religious liberties, freedom and consumer rights
* Initiatives by Muslim governments to drag non-Muslim entities into Halal for any reason is unacceptable.
* We will not accept the legitimacy and validity of any certification or citation aimed at the regulation of Halal by non-Muslims
* We remind that Halal is a pure Islamic term and since we will never accept praying behind a non-Muslim, we will not accept Non-Muslims’ audits, inspections, testimonies, accreditations and certification pertaining to Halal and such certification documents that might be issued by non- Muslim entities will be rejected.
* We will establish a committee with representatives from Islamic NGOs, HCBs and Muslim Consumer Organizations. This committee will address the Islamic organizations and Halal Certification Bodies which have not attended the conference with the aim of reviewing and reconsidering their position in order to speak with one voice against the interference of non-Muslims in Islamic affairs and to avoid discrepancies between Muslim Stakeholders.
* We will embark on a mass awareness program alerting Muslim communities to the gross violation of their religious observances.
* With the support of all Muslim Halal organizations, we will use all the legal ways to protect and defend our religious freedom and rights.
Thus done and endorsed by the following participated Muslim organizations on the 14th June 2015 in Istanbul.
شرعت هيئات المقاييس لبعض الدول والاتحادات في تطوير مقاييس الأغذية الحلال دون اعتبار لقدسية الدين الاسلامي فيما يخص اجراءات منح شهادات الحلال با كملها
|ADELAIDE MOSQUE ISLAMIC SOCIETY SOUTH AUSTRALIA||AUSTRALIA|
|ASSOCIATION HALAL VERIF||FRANCE|
|A Votre Service, AVS||FRANCE|
|DEPARTMENT OF HALAL CERTIFICATION IRELAND||IRELAND|
|EUROPEAN SUPREME HALAL COUNCIL||LUXEMBURG|
|EUROPEAN CENTRE OF HALAL CERTIFICATION-GR||GREECE|
|FRENCH UNION OF MUSLIM CONSUMERS||FRANCE|
ASSOCIATION FOR THE INSPECTION AND CERTIFICATION OF FOOD AND SUPPLIES
|HALAL ASSURE IP||UK|
|HALAL CERTIFICATION AUTHORITY||AUSTRALIA|
|HALAL CERTIFICATION CENTER||RUSSIA|
|HALAL CERTIFICATION INSTITUTE||MACEDONIA|
|HALAL COMITEE – PORTUGAL||PORTUGAL|
|HALAL DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION JAPAN||JAPAN|
|HALAL FOOD & QUALITY OF ISLAMIC CENTER OF LA VALL||SPAIN|
|HALAL INSTITUTE OF PORTUGAL||PORTUGAL|
|HALAL POLICE FOUNDATION||NETHERLAND|
|HALAL STANDARDIZATION COMMITTEE OF CENTRALIZED RELIGIOUS ORGANISATION||TATARSTAN|
|HET- INSTITUTE OF HALAL QUALITY CONTROL||DENMARK|
|INSTITUTE FOR STANDARDS OF BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA||BOSNIA & HERZEGOVINA|
|INTERNATIONAL CENTER FOR HALAL STANDARDIZATION AND CERTIFICATION OF RUSSIA MUFTIES COUNCIL||RUSSIA|
|INTERNATIONAL UNION OF MUSLIM SCHOLARS (IUMS)||LIBYA|
|ISLAMIC COUNCIL OF SOUTH AFRICA||SOUTH AFRICA|
|ISLAMIC DA’WAH COUNCIL OF THE PHILIPPINES||PHILIPPINE|
|ISLAMIC SOCIETY OF WASHINGTON AREA||USA|
|ISLAMIC COUNCIL OF NORWAY, HALAL CERTIFICATION COMMITTEE||NORWAY|
|ISLAMIC INFORMATION, DOCUMENTATION AND CERTIFICATION||AUSTRIA|
|ISMAIL AGA FIQH COMMITTEE, TURKEY||TURKEY|
|KUWAIT INSTITUTE FOR SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH||KUWAIT|
|MUSLIM ASSOCIATION IN DENMARK||DENMARK|
|MUSLIM WORLD LEAGUE||KINGDOM OF SAUDI ARABIA|
|NIPPON ASIA HALAL ASSOCIATION||JAPAN|
|HALAL FOOD INTERNATIONAL & CHILEHALAL||CHILE|
|SOUTH AFRICAN NATIONAL HALAL AUTHORITY, SANHA||SOUTH AFRICA|
|SUPREME ISLAMIC COUNCIL OF HALAL MEAT IN AUSTRALIA INC, SICHMA||AUSTRALIA|
|THE HALAL CATERING ARGENTINA||ARGENTINA|
|WORLD HALAL COUNCIL||TURKEY|
|WORLD MUSLIM CONSUMERS ORGANIZATION||MALAYSIA|