MEAT CUTTING AND PROCESSING
THE CONTROL PROCESS IN A MEAT CUTTING PLANT
The ”Al-Haq-Halal” control protocol meat processing sites is defined by our charter of hygiene and quality halal, with the constant focus on traceability of raw materials to final product packaging :
– once meat is transferred to the meat processing plant, the ritual controller must obligatorily check the presence of ”Al-Haq-Halal” labelling (labels, band, buffers, etc.) on the packaging and make sure that none of the bands or labels is damaged. These elements are part of the strict halal identification that have been placed by ”Al-Haq-Halal” ritual controllers at slaughterhouses and cutting plants;
– checking the cleanliness and disinfection of the machine used for the production of halal products and of halal production staff. In order to reduce the risk of cross infection, halal production usually takes place within the first hour of the plant’s operation;
– a ritual controller carefully checks ingredients used for processed products against recipes, if they meet the requirements of the Islamic ritual and if no forbidden additives are used (e.g. gelatine);
– the production can be started only after his permission and under his constant supervision. In intermediate production stages, waiting products are secured with identification tools in order to prevent cross infection;
– the final certification of halal products involves the use of labels or the packaging with ”Al-Haq-Halal” logo, in order to guarantee the halal status of our products to Muslim consumers.
Poultry Cutting Plant
Poultry cutting requires the presence of a ritual controller who tracks various stages of the cutting process and prevents mixing with non-halal products. Poultry is cut under his supervision. Before the initiation of the cutting process, a ritual controller ensures that:
– the whole poultry from the chain used for halal production is well-marked with ”Al-Haq-Halal” certification marks (badges, guarantee tapes, labels…),
– surfaces used for halal production are thoroughly cleaned (tables, machines, trays, knives),
– bulk meat for processing is placed in individual containers or packaging and taped with ”Al-Haq-Halal” guarantee tape in order to enable its further use at the place of transformation.
Cattle Cutting Plant
Before deboning and cutting, a ritual controller ensures that:
– all carcasses intended for cutting are labelled with Al-Haq-Halal certification marks (badges, labels),
– the area used for halal production is thoroughly cleaned (tables, machines, trays, knives…),
– carcasses are cut and packed under his supervision,
– all parts of halal meat are then identified with ”Al-Haq-Halal” certification equipment (vacuum-packed, in cartons, on trays…), – bulk meat for processing is placed in individual containers or packaging and taped with ”Al-Haq-Halal” guarantee tape, in order to enable its further use at the place of transformation.